Reading Between the Headlines
And one other thing: Berman, I don’t normally like you, but for one reason or another, the moustache looks oddly right. Bonus points for helping kill an emerging hipster trend. On to this very special football-only edition of headlines:
- The Hard Knocks series wound down with Darrelle Revis finally joining the team in the season finale.
- Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco is set to appear on WWE Monday Night Raw.
People love the Bengals this year, but I just don’t see it. It’s easy to look at Cedric Benson’s re-birth last year and think he’s figured it all out, wiping away four years of uselessness. Meanwhile, there’s a large portion of analysts that believe T.O. and Ochocinco aren’t crazy and will actually play like it’s 2005. Same goes for Carson Palmer, except replace “crazy” with “injured and slow.” As my grandmother used to say, “Dream on Alice, it’s a long way to Wonderland.” Zing!
- Jacksonville’s only hope for a sell-out this season takes place Sunday when hometown hero Tim Tebow returns for Denver.
- Ben Roethlisberger was seen practicing at a local high school.
- The Baltimore Ravens reached an injury settlement with rookie fullback Mike McLaughlin.
Phew. Holy crap, I was nervous about Mike McLaughlin. After all, how often do undrafted free agents rookies get cut or injury settlements? This is the one thing I HATE about the NFL: the over-coverage. Por ejemplo:
Oh no, Will Witherspoon missed a practice! How will he be ready to play?!?!?!?! Why, he’s only had six weeks of training camp to prepare! Thank goodness it’s not unexcused…
Jim Schwartz likes Twitter and Stefan Logan? You don’t say! I like Twitter, too! But who the hell is Stefan Logan?
Alright, that is it for me. Everyone enjoy the games. If you need me, I’ll be sneaking baseball scores on my phone at Public.
Tagged with: Ben Roethlisberger • Berman • Chad Ochocinco • Darrelle Revis • Gruden • Hipster Trends • Mike Florio • Reading Between the Headlines • Rex Ryan • Stupid NFL Headlines • Terrell Owens • Theismann • Tim Tebow
Filed under: Uncategorized
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!