- The White Sox are not so happy about Ozzie Guillen’s twittering – Chicago Sun-Times
- Top 10 college basketball backcourts of the 21st Century – Not Qualified To Comment
- Linsdsy Vonn and Julia Mancuso not the best of friends – Fourth Place Medal on Yahoo!
- Knowshown Moreno Might’ve Gotten Into A Bar Brawl – Atlanta Journal Constitution
- If Melvin Mora and Jay Payton never report to Rockies camp…should anyone care? - Bugs & Cranks
- The 5 clichés of MLB spring training stories/reporting – The Legend of Cecilio Guante
- How did your hockey allegiances break down during the Olympics? – Ladies…
- If you didn’t see this you must click, squash trash talking to the extreme. – Outside The Boxscore
- Podcast of the Week: Well its possibly the best sports podcast out there our POTW is On The DL with Dan Levy. If you don’t listen to this daily, you are not a sports fan.
I saw this picture of Jerry Tarkanian and Larry Johnson together as UNLV beat #12 BYU over the weekend and I had a massive flashback to 1990 and 1991. Those were fantastic college basketball years. How much would you pay to see Larry Johnson, Greg Anthony, Stacey Augmon, Anderson Hunt and Jerry Tarkanian barnstorm around like the Globetrotters? I might pay 20 bucks if LJ runs around in his Grandmama wig and dress the whole time. Neverthless, it is cool to see these guys again, and actually hanging out together. I don’t have any idea why I think its fascinating…it just is.
Oh wait, do you remember Grandmama? If you do, then you remember how damn solid those commercials were. Converse made some BANK with that action. Since we’re talking about Larry Johnson and Grandmama, lets flashback, to a few of those commericals, shall we?
Read the rest of this entry